The enforcement section ensures compliance of industrial and commercial air pollution sources within Cuyahoga County that are regulated by Ohio EPA. The Enforcement section responds to citizen complaints regarding outdoor air quality; inspects regulated sources; and regulates asbestos abatement and demolition activities in Cuyahoga County for sources that are subject to the National Emission Standards for Hazardous Air Pollutants for asbestos.
- Notification Form and Instructions
- Fact sheets
- Asbestos Program Transition from the Ohio Department of Public Health
- 2016 rev What Landfill need to know Asbestos Rules
- 2016 rev What Municipalities Asbestos Removal Rules
- What Asbestos Removal Contractors Need to Know
- 40 CFR 61
- 29 CFR 1926.1101
- OAC 3475-20
- QAC Rule 3745-22
- For more information pertaining to asbestos and Ohio EPA Click Here!
- U.S. EPA asbestos website
- Open burning
- City of Cleveland - Fact sheet
- Cuyahoga County - Fact sheet
- City of Cleveland - Open Burning Aircode
- State of Ohio - Open Burning Aircode
- Sand Blasting
- Online Complaint Form
- Hotline: 216-664-7442
- Citizen Air Monitoring Program
- Fact sheet
- For more information, call 216-664-7442
- FAQ (Ohio EPA)
- City Permits
- In addition to permits required for asbestos removal, open burning, and sandblasting or building cleaning, Chapters 257 and 259 of the Codified Ordinance of the City of Cleveland requires obtaining a permit to install, a permit to modify, and a permit to operate any air contaminant source within the City of Cleveland. The Cleveland Division of Air Quality (CDAQ) is responsible for processing and issuing these permits.
- An owner or operator contemplating such installation or modification is required to apply for a permit prior to commencing this activity. The City permit to install or modify must be issued before construction can commence. The owner or operator of an air pollution source is responsible for proper permitting even if the authority to obtain such permits is delegated to a third party.
- City Permit Application
- Regulations & Ordinances
- Federal – Code of Federal Regulations
- Ohio Administrative Code
- Ohio Revised Code
- Local – Cleveland Ordinances
- US EPA ECHO Database
- Use EPA's Enforcement and Compliance History Online website to search for facilities in your community to assess their compliance with environmental regulations. You can also investigate pollution sources, examine and create enforcement-related maps, or explore your state's performance.