The Division of Environment plan review requirement is superseded by the requirements of Building and Housing which are listed below. Your project may not need everything listed. But when in doubt include the information rather than deleting it.
Drawings (4 sets for alterations and 6 for new construction) shall be drawn to scale and include:
Go here to receive online permit forms.
- Index of drawings and symbol legend on cover sheet
- Author of drawings and stamp of architect or engineer, if required
- Plot or Site Plan showing street location, size of lot, location of all structures, location of parking lots with a layout and the location of utility services
- Floor Plans of all levels with dimensions, room names, door and window sizes, fire resistant construction. New, existing and walls to be removed should be shown differently
- Elevations of all affected areas with floor to floor heights
- Sections through the building, through walls, and floors showing the construction materials and sizes sufficiently to describe the general intent of the work
- Structural plans or notations indicating compliance with code design loads
- Mechanical and electrical systems drawings or notations indicating compliance with code requirements, including but not limited to the Ohio Energy Code
The Division of Environment requires you to submit a completed Application for plan review. In addition to the requirements of Building and Housing, the Division of Environment requires you to submit a menu.